Registered Nurse/CoordinatorJob No: BSHC1071914Location: MelbourneEmployment Status: Part Time (Contract)
Blue Star Homecare is a leading provider of in home lifestyle and social support services in Australia. We are currently looking for a community based Registered Nurse for our Melbourne Team.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse / Coordinator based in our Melbourne office 3 days a week. Due to our expanding services this role requires travel between customer’s homes in Melbourne and surrounding areas where you will be providing individual and personalised support to customers in accordance with their support plans and/or medical practitioner’s directions. As well as providing effective leadership, supervision, and clinical support to staff where necessary, ensuring care is provided in accordance with the relevant Professional and Industry Standards, and all legislative requirements.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Working with or under the guidance of medical practitioners and Allied Health professionals
- Conducting continence assessments
- Medication Administration and Complex Clinical Care including, palliative care, bowel care/suppositories, catheter care, stoma care, oxygen and more
- Monitoring and communicating on the customer’s well-being and reporting on progress of customers
- Ensuring that all services are provided in a caring and respectful way in accordance with Blue Star Homecare’s policy and procedures, legislative requirements and program specific guidelines
- Providing training, coaching and guidance to Community Support Professionals, Enrolled Nurses and Support Staff/Case Managers as required
- Conducting skills assessments of Community Support Professionals performing complex care services as required
- Demonstrating a commitment to best practice and evidence of continued professional development
- Participating in staff meetings and attending training opportunities when required
What you will need:
- AHPRA registration
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Reliable, registered and insured vehicle
- Smartphone with internet access
- Previous experience in the community care or health/aged care sector
- Understanding of or previous community nursing experience
- Cert IV in Workplace Training & Assessment
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Ability to work independently and close to home
- Training & professional development opportunities (including free access to online learning tools & programs)
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Staff recognition programs
- Ongoing support from friendly, local office based team
Classified Level 4 under the Nurses Award NA000034
Further information about the role, including the Selection Criteria, is outlined in the Support Coordinator Position Description.
To request a copy of the Position Description, please contact Blue Star Homecare – Western Melbourne Office on 1800 880 990 or email email@example.com
If you would like to join our growing team and become part of our friendly, professional network please apply today.