We continue to provide essential services and support for our community
Your wellbeing is more important than ever.
Our Journey starts with you.
Enjoying the moments that matter
We see you and your potential. We listen to you and work with you and your support network to create a plan that best suits your needs and lifestyle goals.
Accommodation & SIL Supports
High Intensity Activities
Personal/In Home Care
Registered NDIS Provider
Get The Compassionate Care You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
NDIS plan is a document that is based on your goals and describes the disability-related services and support that will help them to achieve those goals. It describes the funded supports you will receive from the NDIS.
All reasonable and necessary disability care, equipment and support services will be funded through the NDIS.
Generally, the supports and services that will be provided, if eligible, need to assist you to:
- work towards achieving your goals
- become as independent as possible
- develop skills for day-to-day living
- participate in the community
- work and earn money
In practice this means providing support, as and if required, in areas including:
- self-care and self-management
- social interactions
- building skills and capacity for social and economic participation
If you are eligible for the NDIS, you will receive funding on an annual basis to purchase the services, aids and equipment you need from the service provider/providers of your choice such as Aidacare.
You can choose to either self-manage your own funds, in which case you make claims to NDIS personally, or else ask the NDIA – the agency established to administer the NDIS – to manage your funding for you.
As individual circumstances, conditions or needs change, NDIS participants will be able to apply to have their funding plan adjusted accordingly.
Blue Star Homecare can support you to prepare for your NDIS planning meeting, to help you to make the most of the NDIS. We can also help you understand and implement your NDIS plan once you receive it.
Our Community Engagement team can answer your NDIS questions no matter what stage of your NDIS journey you are at.
When you receive your NDIS plan Blue Star Homecare can support your NDIS goals with our wide range of tailored, flexible and quality services. We are a specialist disability provider, and we know the NDIS.
Well, that’s entirely up to you. The most important thing is to find a provider that not only offers the services you are looking for but that feels like a good fit for you.
Some things you might like to consider or questions you could ask are:
- Do they offer the services you are looking for in your area?
- Do they take into consideration your preferences for support and how it is delivered e.g., what you like to do, how you prefer to be showered, how you prefer to be fed etc?
- Do you feel like you’re being respected as an individual?
- What are their values as an organisation?
- How do they measure quality? What will happen if I’m unhappy with anything?
- Can I pick a different support worker if I feel the ones that I have is not a good fit for me?
- Can I come in and see where the services are delivered (if relevant) e.g., employment, day services etc.
At the end of the day, it’s totally your choice!